Friday, April 17, 2009

It's out! Let Day Hiking begin in the Central Cascades!


At last, two years after I started hiking around the regions of Whidbey Island, the Stevens Pass corridor area, Lake Wenatchee/Lake Chelan/Icicle Creek areas, and much more...the last book of the full six-pack of Day Hiking titles is now available and published! Day Hiking-Central Cascades was a wonderful two-year project with my good friend and author Craig Romano. We shared numerous days hiking and talking together and even a full 4-day trip up to Stehekin in spring 2008 together which still is a highlight of this project for me! I hope many others are as pleased with the outcome of this 320 page book as I am. You can order it from the Mountaineers Books, Amazon.com, from booksellers around the area, or even from me if you contact me. I hope to see many of you at upcoming presentations which will continue throughout 2009 and into 2010! And while I'm beaming here today....keep a smile on your face as well :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Alan! I know you put a lot of hard work in on this book (and others). You were dedicated and focused all the way to its completion. May your celebration be sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A warm thank you for your kind caring comments Don. Thanks! Yes, this book was not only one of the hardest to work on physically, but also one of the most rewarding to have had the pleasure to have a reason to get to so many great areas of the state that I had yet to hike through.

    See you at a presentation this spring or summer!
    Alan

    ReplyDelete