Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I left my...sock...in San Francisco


Yes, it's true. While the popular song might state you leave your heart in San Francisco, I ended up leaving behind a sock last week on our vacation trip to that fine city! Ah, but the city too was so enjoyable to be touring around in for the first time ever that I can see why millions of people visit every year. My, how I will return to this fun place again someday as there is just so much to enjoy seeing! Staying near Fisherman's Wharf was a nice first way to do things, especially with kids. There is a ton to do there and while the shops are enjoyed by so many, including us, we also enjoyed touring the historic submarine there, the Maritime Museum would be a 1/2 day by itself, and we never even made it out to Alcatraz yet.

The Aquarium on the Bay was very cool with a tunnel of glass to walk through underwater,


and that same day took us SW of that area to the Pacific Ocean to enjoy the VERY excellent San Francisco Zoo where a five day old giraffe seemed to be the star for this family to enjoy! While other highlights included going up the Coit Tower,


photographing at Alamo Square the row of Victorian homes (aka The Painted Ladies), and of course driving down curving Lombard Street,


my son's highlight was roaming about another ballpark. How fun it was to photograph and see his smile as we toured around AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants!

Well, back to reality and hopeful efforts by nature to bring on some dry warm weather finally around the Pacific Northwest!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite cities.... just love it there! I hope you're able to go back for future visits.... Golden Gate Park and all the museums/exhibits is a trip all to it's own.... and then there's the Muir Woods.... and Hondo.... and Monterey Bay's a great day trip, and 17 mile scenic highway, oh I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - I sure hope to go back again for many more visits! There is plenty to try and see and photograph there to allow numerous visits each offering places to see I have not yet gone to. I can see why it is one of your favorite cities! Next year I want to spend time on the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge, visit Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz, you name it.

    ReplyDelete