Sunday, March 1, 2009

Avian fly-bys

Yesterday morning got us out of the month of February and suddenly March was upon me. That always feels like a big step toward spring arriving! However of course this year February was a month of mostly dry and lovely weather so who knows what spring will be like - I hope it can't get any worse than last year! To kick off day one of the month, we were eating breakfast and a lovely Bald Eagle soars around in the easterly breeze, enjoying the relatively warm 50* morning winds and sun. While this isn't a first time to see this at our house it sure is always exciting to remember I have "Bald Eagle" on my birding yard-list! There have been 2-3 eagles regularly seen since Christmas around this part of the valley and it seems maybe due time to start checking my known past nesting sites along the Snoqualmie River between Snoqualmie and Duvall for activity. I'll let you know what I start noticing!

No comments:

Post a Comment